Thursday, June 17, 2004

Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban (spoilers)

I enjoyed the first Harry Potter movie, and I liked the sequel even more.

I enjoyed every scene in the third movie, but, unfortunately, the plot was a bit convoluted. There were lots of clues and red herrings along the way, so I was taking each character's statements with a grain of salt. When the plot was finally revealed in one of the more climactic scenes, I still didn't trust what the characters were saying, even when they spoke the truth. Thus, the pivotal scene of the picture went by without my getting the emotional satisfaction that was intended. Had I been watching on DVD, I would have skipped back to the start of the scene. I guess it pays to read the books first.

Bottom line: I enjoyed Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban, but not quite as much as Chamber of Secrets. ***

No comments: