Wednesday, November 02, 2005

Good Night, and Good Luck

I saw this movie on Saturday night, and let me tell you, it is a great movie.

The movie covers about four weeks in 1954 at the climax of Senator Joseph McCarthy's anti-communist witch-hunts. Edward R. Murrow and the CBS newsroom courageously challenged McCarthy's fear-mongering anti-Americanism, knowing that they too would inevitably be labeled as communists by McCarthy.

At several points in the film, I wanted to cheer. I highly recommend this movie.

2 comments:

Robin Zebrowski said...

I definitely want to see this - Clooney (I think it was him) was on the Daily Show saying that people kept asking who played McCarthy.

Sign of the times!

Doctor Logic said...

Yeah, I saw his interview with Jon Stewart.

Apparently, the movie is getting very good reviews.